The 3rd Annual Mission and Justice Summit is an exciting opportunity for United Methodists from across Indiana to gather, learn and share about mission and service opportunities. Participants will discover new ways to become more missional and to share what their churches are doing to impact their communities.
New this year! Experience a hands-on opportunity to take part in a live packing event with Midwest Mission Distribution Center. No need to bring anything. Join together in packing Human Dignity Kits!
Opening Worship: We will be led in song by Matthew's Voices, a choir of people who are marginalized or vulnerable.
Cost: $15 per person; $30 for a church team of 3 or more (Cost includes lunch)
Registration deadline: March 22, 2020 at 11:59 pm
Payment Information: Visa and MasterCard accepted
Please print a copy of your registration for your receipt.
Check payments must be mailed within 7 days of registration. Please include a copy of your invoice with your check.
Make checks payable to INUMC
Attn: Lisa Timmerman
301 Pennsylvania Parkway, #300
Indianapolis, IN 46280
Cancellation policy: cancellations must be received via email to email@example.com by 11:59 pm on March 22, 2020 to be eligible for a refund less processing fee. No refunds after this date.
Accommodations/Summit rate until February 27, 2020:
Fairfield Inn & Suites Franklin, 350 Paris Dr. Franklin Indiana 46131 Click here to reserve a room
Select the workshops you would like to attend. One per session.
Session 1 - 10:00 am - 10:50 am
- 1A United Methodist Church Social Principles for Social Justice, Rev. Mike Settles
- 1B Ways to Teach Children about Mission and Service, Peggy Nunley
- 1C Are You Making Your Church Accessible to Everyone: Disability Awareness, Beth DeHoff
- 1D Packing Event, Midwest Mission Distribution Center (limit 40)
Session 2 - 11:00 am - 11:50 am
- 2A You Can Be Involved in International Missions, Rev. Jamalyn Peigh Williamson, Rev. Monty Barker, Leigh Randall
- 2B Fair Trade: From Crafts to Mission, Teresa Rynkiewich
- 2C Getting Started in Prison and Jail Ministry, Phyllis Newton, Melissa Christian, Stephanie Dunlap
- 2D Involving Youth in Mission and Outreach, St. Marks UMC Carmel Youth and Don Broad
- 2E Packing Event, Midwest Mission Distribution Center (limit 40)
Session 3 - 1:00 pm - 1:50 pm
- 3A Planning a Mission Trip Basics, Rev. Tammy Kuntz
- 3B Operating a Food Pantry that Respects Neighbors, Rev. Jeff Newton
- 3C Creating Partnering with Schools in Your Community, Terri Hamilton, Jean Morris
- 3D Packing Event, Midwest Mission Distribution Center (limit 40)
Session 4 - 2:00 pm - 2:50 pm
- 4A Building Up Your Community with an All Church Service Day, Stephanie Cohen
- 4B Community Gardening to Feed the Hungry and Build Community, Rev. Aaron Hobbs
- 4C UMCOR: Your Church and Responding to Disasters, Rev. Cindy Garver
- 4D Packing Event, Midwest Mission Distribution Center (limit 40)