Foundations for Breakthrough Prayer
May 6, 2023
9:00 am - Noon (ET)
Multiple Locations or Zoom
This event will help pastors and laity enrich and expand their church’s prayer life, so that it is even more a tuned to God’s leading and direction and empowered by the Holy Spirit. It will help equip church leaders to launch breakthrough prayer during the season of Pentecost.
There is no cost to attend.
Select one location during the registration process:
- Elkhart Trinity UMC - 2715 E Jackson Blvd, Elkhart IN
- Vincennes First UMC - 411 N 4th St, Vincennes IN
- Cross Wind UMC - 616 N State Road 25, Logansport IN
- Noblesville First UMC - 2051 Monument St, Noblesville IN
- Roanoke Seminary UMC - 285 N Seminary St, Roanoke, IN (near Fort Wayne)
- Wall Street UMC - 240 Wall St, Jeffersonville IN
- Columbus First UMC - 618 8th St, Columbus IN
- Speedway UMC - 5065 W 16th St, Indianapolis IN
- Crawfordsville First UMC - 212 E Wabash Ave, Crawfordsville, IN
Leader is Sue Nilson Kibbey, the Director of the Bishop Ough Center for Innovation at United Theological Seminary (presenting online).
Sue Nilson Kibbey, biography
Dayton, Ohio. Sue's local church ministry appointments have included a variety of roles, including executive pastor of Ginghamsburg United Methodist Church in Tipp City, Ohio -partnering with senior pastor Mike Slaughter for a decade of dramatic growth, including both local and global missional fruitfulness.
Sue also served on the executive staff of the United Methodist West Ohio Conference as the creator and director of the Missional Church Consultation Initiative (MCCI)-which eventually spread across multiple states and has engaged more than 200 churches of all sizes and settings in creative revitalization for a fresh season of impact. Sue now leads the Innovation Center’s new prayer-fueled "Floodgates Collective," which offers customized training and practical implementation guidance for congregations longing to shift from plateau or decline into vibrant, prayer-saturated, Spirit-guided steps forward.
Sue is a nationally-recognized trainer, consultant and author of multiple books and resources, each aimed to equip and fuel the spiritual and missional renewal of pastors, leaders and congregations. Sue's greatest passion is igniting churchwide congregational momentum with what she terms a "Breakthrough Prayer Initiative," for which she's provided training and equipping thousands of church pastors, leaders and members.
Sue is an adjunct faculty instructor at United, teaching the master of divinity "Leadership for Ministry" course each year. She’s also a mentor-assistant for United's "Open the Floodgates" Doctor of Ministry cohort, together with lead mentor Rev. Dr. Brian Law.
Sue’s most recent books include the following:
- Dynamite Prayer: A 28-Day Experiment ©2022, Invite Resources
- Floodgates: Holy Momentum for a Fearless Church ©2016, Abingdon Press
- Ultimate Reliance: Breakthrough Prayer Practices for Leaders ©2019, Abingdon Press
- Open Road: The Adventure of a Breakthrough Prayer Initiative ©2021, MarketSquare Books